Diagnostic—Data Educators Can Use to Make the Best Instructional Decisions
provides the practical bridge between data and instruction. These brief measures are individually administered, untimed diagnostic assessments of critical reading skills for students in grades K–5, and for older learners with very low skills. The precise information from these assessments helps educators make informed decisions and answer questions to better target instruction for struggling readers:
- What types of support do students need?
- How should students be grouped?
- What specific skills should be the focus of instruction?
What instructional strategies should be implemented?
| || |
These rigorously researched materials are:
- Focused on Phonemic Awareness and Word Reading and Decoding
- Aligned with the Common Core State Standards
- Time-efficient (~10 minutes each) and cost-effective
, but can be used for students who are not reaching Benchmark on any screener